- Must have HAAD/DHA/MOH License or Eligibility Letter
- Must have at least 3-4 years experience
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing is MUST.
Duties & Responsibilities
The nurse is responsible for the continual nursing assessment, observation, provision of a safe standard of patient care and evaluation of its results; preparing for and supporting the patient through procedures or tests, alerting physicians in a timely manner of changes in patient status, and timely documentation of actions taken. Each nurse is responsible for helping establish a therapeutic environment, teaching patients about their care, working co-operatively with others and for abiding by hospital policy and procedure. Participation in quality improvement is part of each nurse’s role and includes remaining current in one’s practice.
- Provides a wide range of quality professional nursing care functions using the Nursing Process with emphasis on direct.
- Provides professional nursing care to the patient, receives supervision and direction from the Head Nurse and /or Duty Manager.
- Work is performed on any shift, as required, in the general and critical care clinical units, operating room, labor and delivery units, emergency rooms.
- Performs a systematic initial and ongoing assessment of the patient’s physical and psychosocial status, specific to the age of the patient.
- Assesses patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn utilizing appropriate resources.
- Collaborates with the patient/family and other members of the health care team to develop and update a plan of care that is consistent with the medical diagnosis and based on the patient’s changing physical, psychosocial and age related requirements.
- Establishes realistic and measurable goals that are culturally sensitive, and identifies nursing interventions to achieve the goals.
- Recognizes when patient care needs extend beyond the limits of personal ability and consults appropriate resources.
- Uses computer technology as required.
- Maintains infection control and safety awareness, functions accordingly and initiates corrective action when indicated.